How to Register & Transfer
You may register cattle either online or print a registration form and return it to the office.
No more registration forms, erase marks or illegible handwriting! The system checks you for errors as you enter the information – try it today!
If you are a member of the American Salers Association and have access to the internet, you can register your cattle online by following these steps:
- Sign up. Please contact the ASA Office at 303-770-9292 to sign up for online services.
- From the ASA website, under Herd Tools, click Registry Login.
- Select online registrations – enter your name and password.
- Follow the directions for creating a batch of registrations.
– print as many forms as needed and return to the ASA Office via email, mail or fax.
- Online Registration
- Dam and sire MUST have an ASA registration number.
- Do NOT enter the given letter in front of the six-digit registration number. For example, no P or S prior to the number.
- If you get an error on your registration submission, you will not be able to submit the form. Errors appear in red and must be fixed! Warnings are in green and can be overridden.
- All Registration
- All animals must have a birthdate, horn status (H, P, S), color, and service details. This holds true for both registered and non-registered animals.
- Only Fullblood and Purebred calves need an A.I. certificate from a non-owned sire.
- Whoever owns the dam at the time the calf is born MUST register the calf. If applicable, they will then transfer ownership to the new owner.